In case you missed the email containing final information for Yuri's Night LA 2016 ticket holders, here's what you should know before coming tonight:
Thank you for registering for Yuri’s Night Los Angeles! SpaceX just stuck the landing, Samantha and Buzz have arrived in L.A. and we are super excited to see you. Our intention for the evening is that you leave inspired, rejuvenated and called forth to be a true space hero.
You can start your evening in the Hall of Heroes and get inspired about the role you play in our space future. You can even get your heroic photo taken and create your very own Space Hero Trader Card. Put your boldest visions for the future on it to remind you of who you are. If you want to bounce ideas off someone, we will have sages on hand in the soothing Kelp Forest to guide you on your Hero’s Journey, please come and meet them and get ready for Liftoff…
Peace, Love, Space,
Loretta Hidalgo Whitesides
Co-Creator Yuri’s Night
California Science Center
700 Exposition Park Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90037
Registration on the second level, enter through main entrance. You can bring your ticket printout, or we can check you in from our guest list (so don’t worry too much if you don't have it).
The California Science Center has onsite event parking for $15 (cash only) if you say you are going to Yuri’s Night (it’s $20 otherwise).
Heads up! There are 2 large events Saturday at Exposition Park, and forecast calls for rain. Make sure to plan for additional travel time, especially if you are registered for the LaunchPad Pre-party. We also strongly recommend you use Uber and avoid the whole issue!
If you would like to drink or bought a student ticket, we will need to check your ID.
- 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm: LaunchPad pre-party (for those registered)
- 6:00 pm – 7:00pm: Check out the Ecosystems exhibits and grab a drink at the pre-party bar on the 1st floor
- 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm: Samantha Cristoforetti and Buzz Aldrin talk inside the Samuel Oschin Space Shuttle Endeavour Pavilion
- 9:00 pm – 12:00 am: DJ Dynamix will be spinning under the Endeavour Shuttle | Ecosystem & Endeavor exhibit remain open, additional DJ in Kelp Forest
What you need to check out:
- The Journey to Space Exhibit- 3rd floor will be open from 5:30-8:30.
- Hall of Heroes- 1st floor lobby just outside the Samuel Oschin Space Shuttle Endeavour Pavilion
- Space Hero Trader Card Photo Station- In Hall of Heroes until 7, then at the nose of the Space Shuttle go there as your first stop to making your trader card!
- The Space Hero Wisdom Council- in the Kelp Forest until 9pm then just outside the Kelp Forest from 9-10.
- Soylent Astronaut as he passes out bottles of Soylent “The Easiest Meal in the Galaxy”
- JPL rovers, Burning Man Art, Black Rock Observatory telescope, live artist Kyle Kristie, Planetary Society, ISS Above, Nanoracks and Space Suits!
– Meet and Greet the Yuri’s Night Ambassadors
- Bobak Ferdowsi:: NASA JPL's Mohawk Guy, now working on the Europa Orbiter
- Chris Lewicki:: President and Chief Engineer, Planetary Resources
- Kelly Latimer:: 1st Female Virgin Galactic Pilot, and former SOFIA and Shuttle Aircraft Carrier Pilot
- Sascha Paladino:: Creator/Executive Producer, Disney's animated series Miles From Tomorrowland
- Dr. Laura Danly:: Astronomer and Curator at the Griffith Observatory
- Connie Reese:: Civil Space Public Relations, Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems
- Derek Muller:: Host of the Science & Engineering YouTube Channel ‘Veritasium’
- Robert Picardo:: Host of the Planetary Post, Planetary Society, Board member, actor, hologram, collectible.
- Michael Hammersley:: Local aerospace engineer extraordinaire
- Lauren Lyons:: Local aerospace engineer extraordinaire
- Kate Tice:: Local aerospace engineer extraordinaire
We can eat and drink in the Samuel Oschin Space Shuttle Endeavour Pavilion and in lobbies and hallways, but not inside any of the other museum exhibits (Journey to Space, the Kelp Forest, and other Ecosystem exhibits). Please help us honor this rule of our host!
AVAILABLE FOR SALE:
- Coronado Sea Coast Pilsner
- Ballast Point Sculpin
- Red Planet
- Cinnamon whiskey, Campari, Apple, pomegranate
- Blue Mule in the Moon
- Vodka, blue Curaçao, ginger-lemongrass, lime
- Yellow Giant
- Tequila, ancho chili, turmeric, lemon, agave, cayenne
- Green Martian Gimlet
- Gin, melon, cucumber, lime-
Akasha's new restaurant Sambar will also have these items available:
- Masala fried chicken sandwich on spiced focaccia, mango chutney aioli & slaw
- Vindaloo pork taco plate, onions cilantro & malabar sauce
- Bombay falafel slider, hempseed chutney, pickled red onions, seeded bun & side of Indian potato salad
We will also have Yuri’s Night T-shirts, pins, stickers, buttons and posters available for purchase as well as one of each of the JPL travel posters printed at museum quality standards for a few lucky takers.
Note that tickets are transferable (this can be done at registration). We have just a few tickets remaining, so it is unlikely that we will have tickets available at the door. Please make sure anyone you want to join gets online ASAP!